Comparisons in Pattern Characteristics and Chlorophyll Contents of Major Foliages with Variegated Leaves
- Comparisons in Pattern Characteristics and Chlorophyll Contents of Major Foliages with Variegated Leaves
- 오욱; 박인숙; 신용길; 김규원
- PLANTS; SHADE; PHOTOSYNTHESIS; SUN
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, v.31, no.4, pp.447 - 456
- This study was carried out for the establishment of theory and foundational data for breeding, on variegated foliage plants using for potted plants, based on examination and analysis for shape, color, and area ratio of variegated leaves and chlorophyll contents. Six families, 18 genus, and 54 species of variegated plants domestically distributed in Korea were used as the plant materials. Patterns based on chlorophyll-deficient part in variegated leaves were divided into 20 types, such as steps, border, collapsed border, sandy border, half, silk, stars, vein, firewood, border and firewood, center, entirety, leaf, irregular, net, watermelon, melon, and so on. There were 10 kinds of colors including dark green, red, dark red, reddish white, reddish yellow, white, silver, silvery white, yellowish white, and yellow. The ratio of variegated area was ranged from 5.8% to 100% and it was diverse depending on species or cultivar. The ratios by patterns were highest in entirety (98.6%) and relatively high in step (60.8%), whereas, low in boarder, star and firewood (33.6-36.4%), and relatively low in half and vein (43%). Chlorophyll content of variegated leaf was rather lower compared to normal plants and chlorophyll b tended to be higher in ratio of chlorophyll a to b. Particularly content of chlorophyll b in Stromanthe sanguinea 'Triostar', Dracaena fragrans 'Massangeana Compacta', D. reflexa 'Song of India', and Tradescantia spathacea was higher than chlorophyll a in comparison with that of normal plants.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 원예학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)