Metallic Discoloration on the Right Shin Caused by Titanium Alloy Prostheses in a Patient with Right Total Knee Replacement
- Metallic Discoloration on the Right Shin Caused by Titanium Alloy Prostheses in a Patient with Right Total Knee Replacement
- 신동훈; 박정영; 최종수; 김기홍
- TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENTS; TISSUE-RESPONSE; SKIN; DEPOSITS; TUMOR; WEAR
- Issue Date
- KOREAN DERMATOLOGICAL ASSOC
- ANNALS OF DERMATOLOGY, v.25, no.3, pp.356 - 359
- The differential diagnosis of bluish-gray pigmentation of the skin includes dermal melanocytosis, malignant melanoma and metallic discoloration. Of these disorders, metallic discoloration, which develops from deposits of fine metallic particles on the skin, is an uncommon dermatologic disease. We report a case of metallic discoloration of the right shin caused by titanium alloy prostheses in a patient with right total knee replacement. The patient had bluish-gray pigmentation on her right shin as well as pain while walking. Histopathologic findings of the skin lesion showed abundant black particles in the perivascular area of the lower dermis. Polarizing microscopy revealed refractile foreign materials in the dermis. An energy dispersive X-ray spectrophotometer unit attached to a transmission electron microscope detected titanium and aluminium peaks in the specimen.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 피부과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)