한국 신문에 나타난 문화소의 중국어 번역 고찰 단어 차원의 문화소를 중심으로
- 한국 신문에 나타난 문화소의 중국어 번역 고찰 단어 차원의 문화소를 중심으로
- Other Titles
- 문화소; 번역전략; 도착언어문화; 문맥; 장르; cultural elements; translation strategy; target language and culture; context; genre
- Issue Date
- 한국외국어대학교 통번역연구소
- 통번역학연구, v.17, no.3, pp.173 - 199
- Cultural elements can be entirely unfamiliar to target readers;therefore, translators should consider the difference of cultures and try to utilize a dynamic equivalence when translating such cultural elements. This is the first thing to be considered translating cultural elements. Researchers talk about utilizing an interpretive theory of translation when translating cultural elements, employing a complicated process of “deverbalization”, “sense” and “reformulation”This is a difficult process to accomplish, requiring a great deal of intellectual labor. Nevertheless, there is high possibility that the resultant translation could be criticized because of its loose translation. Literal translations can be very convenient in these cases, but it is not easy for target readers to understand the meaning of the cultural elements. However, literal translation is very useful when target readers indirectly through the context can guess the meaning of the cultural elements. So sometimes the translation strategy of cultural elements depends on the context, making context the second element to be considered when translating cultural elements. Finally, the medium or genre of what is being translated should be considered when translating cultural elements.
Newspapers don’t always need to deliver an exact meaning to readers so omission can be a useful strategy when translating cultural elements. Ultimately, then, the third element to be considered when translating cultural elements is the genre or medium where the translation occurs. In conclusion, recognizing cultural differences between the source and target languages, paying attention to the context and considering the genre or medium for the translation are important factors when translating cultural elements.
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)