구미지역 미용업 종사자들의 눈, 피부, 호흡기 증상 경험률
- 구미지역 미용업 종사자들의 눈, 피부, 호흡기 증상 경험률
- Other Titles
- Prevalence of Ocular, Dermatologic, and Respiratory Symptoms in Hairdressers of Gumi City
- 사공준; 김만복
- 미용사; 유병률; 작업관련증상들; 직업적질병; Hairdresser; Prevalence; Work-related symptoms; Occupational disease
- Issue Date
- 한국인체미용예술학회지, v.14, no.3, pp.147 - 165
- This research investigated the prevalence of ocular, dermatologic, and respiratory symptoms caused by hairdressers’ exposure to harmful chemical substance. It compared the degree of risk of experiencing symptoms between the hairdressers’ group and the control group, and evaluated the relationship between hairdressers’ types of work and work characteristics and the symptoms.
Fifty-three beauty parlors located in Gyeongbuk Gumi city were extracted through convenience sampling. The subjects were then divided into the exposure group composed of 103 hairdressers, and the control group composed of 98 ordinary persons.
This research showed that the ocular, dermatological, and respiratory system symptoms in the hairdressers’ group were significantly higher than those in the control group. Moreover, the degree of risk in experiencing symptoms in the hairdressers’ group was 2∼3 times higher in eye-related symptoms, 3 times higher in red spots in the skin-related symptoms, and 2∼3 times higher in respiratory system-related symptoms compared to those in the control group.
To prevent occupational dyscrasia among hairdressers, it is necessary for them to wear personal protective equipments, wash hands after work, improve working environment, and develop mild beauty treatment products. Symptoms among workers should be early detected and management, such as task switching, should be taken.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 예방의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)