Improved performance of ZnO thin film solar cells by doping magnesium ions
- Improved performance of ZnO thin film solar cells by doping magnesium ions
- 강미숙; 센틸또띠팔라얌; N. Muthukumarasamy[N. Muthukumarasamy]
- PULSED-LASER DEPOSITION; TRANSPORT
- Issue Date
- JOURNAL OF MATERIALS SCIENCE-MATERIALS IN ELECTRONICS, v.24, no.10, pp.3963 - 3969
- This study investigates the effect of magnesium doping on the performance of nanocrystalline zinc oxide (ZnO) thin film solar cells. MgxZn1-xO (x = 0.00, 0.05, 0.075 and 0.1 %) nanoparticles were prepared by simple precipitation method. The crystallinity and morphology of the photo-anode was characterized by X-ray diffraction analysis and scanning electron microscopy. The effect of various concentrations of magnesium ions on the structural and optical properties of ZnO nanoparticles was examined. Doping of magnesium ions helps the ZnO nanoparticles to grow larger in size with rod like surface morphologies. Solar cell with 0.075 % magnesium doped ZnO electrode exhibits an enhanced short-circuit current density of 3.36 mA/cm(2), open-circuit photo voltage of 0.79 V, fill factor of 0.73, and overall power conversion efficiency of 2.1 %.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)