Direction of Intercalation of a bis-Ru(II) Complex to DNA Probed by a Minor Groove Binding Molecule 4 ',6-Diamidino-2-phenylindole
- Direction of Intercalation of a bis-Ru(II) Complex to DNA Probed by a Minor Groove Binding Molecule 4 ',6-Diamidino-2-phenylindole
- 김석규; 장윤정; 김래영; 프리아; 한성욱[한성욱]; 배인호
- DINUCLEAR RUTHENIUM(II) COMPLEX; METAL-COMPLEXES; LINEAR DICHROISM; LIGHT-SWITCH; ELECTRON-TRANSFER; DIPYRIDOPHENAZINE COMPLEX; MAJOR GROOVE; SPECTROSCOPY; SEQUENCE; MODES
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.34, no.10, pp.2895 - 2899
- Direction of intercalation to DNA of the planar dipyrido[3,2-a:2',3'-c]phenazine ligands (dppz) of a bis-Ru(11) complex namely, [Ru(1,10-phenanthroline)(2)dipyrido[3,2-a:2',3'-c]phenazine](2+) linkered by a 1,3-bis(4-pyridyl)propane, was investigated by probing the behavior of 4',6-diamidino-2-phenylindole (DAPI) that bound deep in the minor groove. Bis-intercalation of DPPZ resulted in a little blue shift and hyperchromism in DAPI absorption band, and a large decrease in DAPI fluorescence intensity which accompined by an increase in the dppz emission intensity. Diminishing the intenisty of the positive induced circular dichroism (CD) and linear dichroism (LD) were also observed. These spectral changes indicated that insertion of dppz ligand caused the change of the binding mode of DAPI, which probably moved to the exterior of DNA from the minor groove and interacted with the phospghate groups of DNA by electrostatic interaction. At the surface of DNA, DAPI binds at the phosphate groups of DNA by electrostatic attraction. Consequently, this observation indicated that the dppz ligand intercalated from the minor groove.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
이과대학 > 물리학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)