우리나라 유해대기오염물질의 관리현황과 개선방향- 환경대기 모니터링 문제를 중심으로 -
- 우리나라 유해대기오염물질의 관리현황과 개선방향- 환경대기 모니터링 문제를 중심으로 -
- Other Titles
- Current Status and Future Directions of Management of Hazardous Air Pollutants in Korea - Focusing on Ambient Air Monitoring Issues -
- 백성옥; 전찬곤
- HAPs; VOCs; PAHs; Heavy metals; Ambient air monitoring
- Issue Date
- 한국대기환경학회지, v.29, no.5, pp.513 - 527
- Recently, hazardous air pollutants (HAPs) have been of great concern in Korea, largely due to public awareness on the importance of their impacts on environmental health. A group of HAPs includes a large number of various chemicals such as VOCs, PAHs, PCBs, dioxines, furans, organochlorinated pesticides, and some heavy metals.
These groups of pollutants are generally known to have genetic toxicity and to be persistent in the environment. In addition, most of chemicals belong to the category of HAPs are widely distributed not only in air, but also in water and soil environments, and has therefore undergone considerable scrutiny for the last three decades. In this article,environmental implications and management of HAPs in Korea will be reviewed, with a particular emphasis on the monitoring of HAPs in the ambient air. A number of field studies will be introduced, which were recently conducted in large urban and industrial areas. Based on the filed studies, eight pollutants have been suggested to be intensively managed as higher priority pollutants, which are benzene, 1,3-butadiene, formaldehyde, acrolein,trichloroethylene, benzo(a)pyrene, hexa-valent Cr, and PM2.5. Finally, future directions for a mega scale project for comprehensive monitoring of ambient atmosphere in large urban areas will be suggested. Such an innovative project is believed to provide more realistic information on the nature of the population exposure, which can not be simply identified by emission inventories or source investigations. Therefore, any strategy for the management of HAPs should be developed by not only emission-based approaches, but also observation-based approaches.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 환경공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)