Gene expression profiles analyzed by DNA sequencing of cDNA clones constructed from porcine preadipocytes and adipocytes
- Gene expression profiles analyzed by DNA sequencing of cDNA clones constructed from porcine preadipocytes and adipocytes
- 최인호; 이동목; 프라티바즈라촤리여[프라티바즈라촤리여]; 장은정[장은정]; 이은주; 채성화[채성화]; 박홍석[박홍석]; 강세원; 이용석; 이기호[이기호]; 장종수[장종수]; 정정수[정정수]
- GLUTAMINE-SYNTHETASE; LIPID-ACCUMULATION; ADIPOSE-TISSUE; UP-REGULATION; DIFFERENTIATION; ADIPOGENESIS; INSULIN; MOUSE; METABOLISM; ISOFORMS
- Issue Date
- GENES & GENOMICS, v.34, no.2, pp.125 - 131
- As a step towards understanding the molecular mechanism of adipogenesis in pigs, preadipocytes purified from the back fat of 1 day-old female piglets were used for in vitro culture. Normalized cDNA libraries were constructed with 1.6x10(7) and 1.1x10(7) independent clones from preadipocyte and mature adipocyte mRNAs, respectively. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) result using primers T3 and T7 (universal primer) confirmed the presence of the insert in the vector. Sequencing of 2,112 randomly selected clones from each cDNA library identified 217 clusters, 1,169 singletons, and 216 contigs in preadipocytes and 231 clusters, 1,100 singletons, and 233 contigs in mature adipocytes. Expressed sequence tag (EST) identified 24 genes with known annotation highly expressed in adipocytes and 21 in preadipocytes by at least four EST number. Among those 45 genes, when analyzed by real time RT-PCR, 76% of the gene showed significant difference between preadipocytes and mature adipocytes. Highly expressed genes in mature adipocytes were related to adipogenesis, extracellular matrix control and oncogenes, whereas cytoskeleton-related genes were down-regulated. An interesting similarity found during gene profile studies indicated a correlation between cancer and adipogenesis.
- Appears in Collections:
- 생명공학부 > 생명공학부 > Articles
교육대학원 > 교육대학원 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)