Injury of Fornix in Patients With Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- Injury of Fornix in Patients With Intracerebral Hemorrhage
- 장성호; 여상석; 최병연; 장철훈; 정영진; 장민철; 이동규
- DIFFUSION TENSOR TRACTOGRAPHY; MENTAL-STATE-EXAMINATION; AXONAL INJURY; THALAMIC HEMORRHAGE; MEMORY IMPAIRMENT; INFARCTION; TRACKING; AMNESIA; BRAIN; INTEGRITY
- Issue Date
- INFORMA HEALTHCARE
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF NEUROSCIENCE, v.122, no.4, pp.195 - 199
- Objectives: Many diffusion tensor tractography (DTT) studies have reported on fornix injury in various diseases. However, there has been no DTT study on fornix injury by intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH). We attempted to investigate fornix body injury in patients with ICH, using DTT. Methods: We identified 58 consecutive stroke patients using the following criteria: (1) first-ever stroke, (2) age: 45-65 years, (3) hemorrhage confined within the corona radiata and basal ganglion level, (4) an available DTT scan performed during the early stage of ICH (1-5 weeks after onset). Among 58 consecutive patients, we identified six patients who showed disruption at the fornix body. Results: Following ICH, 10.7% of patients revealed complete disruption of the fornix body on DTT. Results from DTT of the fornix showed disruption in anterior and posterior portions of the fornix body in three patients, in the anterior portion of the fornix body in two patient, and in the posterior portion of the fornix body in one patient. Conclusions: We report on six patients who showed complete disruption of the fornix body following ICH. It is our belief that the fornix of patients with ICH could be evaluated using DTT.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 재활의학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 신경외과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)