Enhancing the ionic transport of PEO-based composite polymer electrolyte by addition of TiO2 nanofiller for quasi-solid state dye-sensitized solar cells
- Enhancing the ionic transport of PEO-based composite polymer electrolyte by addition of TiO2 nanofiller for quasi-solid state dye-sensitized solar cells
- 트란트롱; 이도경[이도경]; 김재홍
- ELECTROCHEMICAL PROPERTIES; FILLERS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN INST METALS MATERIALS
- METALS AND MATERIALS INTERNATIONAL, v.19, no.6, pp.1369 - 1372
- For the application to quasi-solid state dye-sensitized solar cells (QS-DSSCs), we have prepared composite polymer electrolytes with a poly(ethylene oxide) (PEO)-TiO2-LiI-I-2 system. Effects of the concentration of TiO2 nanofiller on the electrochemical properties of the PEO-based composite polymer electrolytes have been investigated. The experimental results show that the presence of TiO2 in the PEO-based electrolyte changes the phase of the polymer. Also, the addition of TiO2 noticeably increases the ionic conductivity of the PEO-based electrolytes. At optimized TiO2 concentration of 15 wt%, the composite polymer electrolyte exhibited a maximum value of ionic conductivity, and leads to remarkable enhancement of the photovoltaic performance of the QS-DSSC. This indicates that the incorporation of TiO2 to the PEO-based electrolytes gives rise to the reduction of the crystallinity of the polymer and the enhancement of the mobility of the I-/I-3 (-) redox couple, resulting in the increases of the conductivity and the current density of QS-DSSC.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)