CO Oxidation Activities of Ni and Pd-TiO2@SiO2 Core-Shell Nanostructures
- CO Oxidation Activities of Ni and Pd-TiO2@SiO2 Core-Shell Nanostructures
- 손영구; 도예지; 조인수; 박요한; D. Pradhan[D. Pradhan]
- GOLD NANOPARTICLES; CATALYSTS; SILICA; NANORODS; GAS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.34, no.12, pp.3635 - 3640
- We prepared Ni and Pd-modified TiO2@SiO2 core-shell nanostructures and then analyzed them by scanning electron microscopy, optical microscopy, X-ray diffraction crystallography, FT-IR. and UV-Visible absorption spectroscopy. In addition, their CO oxidation performance was tested by temperature-programmed mass spectrometry. The CO oxidation activity showed an order of Ni-TiO2@SiO2 (900 degrees C) <Ni-TiO2@SiO2(90 degrees C) <Ni-TiO2@SiO2 (450 degrees C) in the first CO oxidation run, and greatly improved activity in the same order in the second run. The T-10% (the temperature at 10% CO conversion) corresponds to the CO oxidation rate of 2.8 x 10(-5) molco g(cat)(-1) s(-1). For Ni-TiO2@SiO2 (450 degrees C), the T-10% was observed at 365 degrees C in the first run and at 335 degrees C in the second run. For the Pd-TiO2@SiO2 (450 degrees C), the T-10% was observed at a much lower temperature of 263 degrees C in the first CO oxidation run, and at 247 degrees C in the second run. The CO oxidation activities of transition metal modified TiO2@SiO2 core-shell nanostructures presented herein provide new insights that will be useful in developing catalysts for various environments.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)