Impact of High-Normal Blood Pressure Measured in Emergency Room on Adverse Cardiac Events in Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Impact of High-Normal Blood Pressure Measured in Emergency Room on Adverse Cardiac Events in Acute Myocardial Infarction
- 김영조; 윤남식[윤남식]; 정명호[정명호]; 안영근[안영근]; 김종현[김종현]; 채성철[채성철]; 허성호[허성호]; 정인환[정인환]; 홍택정[홍택정]; 최동훈[최동훈]; 조명찬[조명찬]; 김청진[김청진]; 정욱성[정욱성]; 장양수[장양수]; 조정관[조정관]; 박승정[박승정]
- Blood pressure; Prognosis
- Issue Date
- Korean Circulation Journal, v.42, no.5, pp.304 - 310
- Background and Objectives: Prehypertension according to JNC7 is common and is associated with increased vascular mortality. The importance of management in high-normal blood pressure (BP) is underemphasized.
Subjects and Methods: We analyzed major adverse cardiac events (MACEs) in the Korea Acute Myocardial Infarction Registry in normal BP (group I) and high-normal BP (group II) patients.
Results: Among 14871 patients, 159 (61±12.3 years, 122 males) satisfied the study indication. Six-month and one-year clinical follow-up rate was 88.9% and 85.8%, respectively. Group I had 78 patients (60.9±12.4 years). Group II had 81 patients (61.6±12.5 years). Demo-graphics of patients were not different between groups. Treatment strategy was not different. Initial Thrombolysis in Myocardial Infarc-tion flow grade 0 was less frequent in group II (n=32, 47.1%) than in group I (n=16, 21.9%) (p=0.001). Successful intervention rate was not different between group II (93.8%) and group I (97.1%) (p=0.590). Six-month MACE occurred in 3 patients in group I (4.4%) and 10 in group II (15.6%) (p=0.031). Compared with normal BP, the odds ratio for patients with high-normal BP was 1.147 (p=0.045, 95% confidence inter-val 1.011-1.402) for 6-month MACE.
Conclusion: Even though high-normal BP patients had a better baseline clinical status, the prognosis was poorer than patients with nor-mal BP. Therapeutic BP target goal for the patients with acute myocardial infarction should be <140/90 mm Hg, which is recommended in JNC7.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 내과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)