Composition of Resveratrol and Other Bioactive Compounds, and Antioxidant Activities in Different Mulberry Cultivars
- Composition of Resveratrol and Other Bioactive Compounds, and Antioxidant Activities in Different Mulberry Cultivars
- 곽은정; 최일숙[최일숙]; 문용선
- MORUS-ALBA L.; FRAP ASSAY; CAPACITY; FRUITS; PHENOLICS; ABTS; ANTHOCYANINS; QUALITY; OXYGEN; FOODS
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, v.30, no.3, pp.301 - 307
- To develop high value added healthy functional resource from Korean mulberry, the bioactive compounds and antioxidant activities of three different mulberry cultivars were investigated and compared with blueberry and strawberry. Total phenolics, total flavonoids, and trans-resveratrol of 'Daesungppong' were the highest than the 'Suwonppong', whereas those of the strawberries were the lowest. In case of total anthocyanins, 'Daesungppong' was also the highest and followed by blueberry. The antioxidant activities of 'Daesungppong' using DPPH (2,2-diphenyl-1-picrylhydrazyl), ABTS (2,2'-azinobis-(3-ethylbenzothiazoline -6-sulphonic acid), and FRAP (Ferric reducing antioxidant power) assays were the highest followed by 'Suwonppong'. Meanwhile, there were no significant differences in the antioxidant activities between `Cheongilppong' and blueberry, and the activities of strawberry were the lowest. Furthermore, there was a strong correlation (r=0.764-0.897) between DPPH, ABTS, and FRAP assays with the bioactive compounds such as total phenolics, total flavonoids, and total anthocyanins. Therefore, Korean mulberry, especially `Daesungppong' demonstrated interesting biological properties that suggest its use as a potential source and high value added of natural antioxidant compounds and antioxidant activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연자원대학 > 외식산업학과 > Articles
자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)