Automatic human body segmentation based on feature extraction
- Automatic human body segmentation based on feature extraction
- 한성수; 최순모; 조준우; 김희삼[김희삼]; 배한조; 오태환; MoonWon Suh[MoonWon Suh]
- Issue Date
- EMERALD GROUP PUBLISHING LIMITED
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CLOTHING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, v.26, no.1, pp.4 - 24
- Purpose - Automatic segmentation of unorganized 3D human body scan data was developed without heuristic specified values. It was reliable in finding the upper body's primary landmarks. The paper aims to discuss these issues. Design/methodology/approach - Quasi boundary point sequence (QBPS) was defined to find the boundary of the human body. Body scan data were categorized by clustering the features extracted from the predefined QBPS. A non-uniform rational B-spline (NURBS) approximation was used to detect the landmarks of the segmented upper torso. Findings - The segmentation method based on feature extraction was reliable regardless of the scan data's fidelity. It was verified that the landmark detection method introduced in this work is more robust than a previous method that utilizes the position of point data Originality/value - There are several studies of human body segmentation and body landmark detection. This work, however, aims to automate fully segmentation and develop more reliable searching methods. Unlike previous work that uses only 2D human body information, this work uses 3D body information. Furthermore, previous landmark searching methods were superseded by more robust methods applying NURBS approximations.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
공과대학 > 융합섬유공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)