Atorvastatin과 Telmisartan의 약물상호작용
- Atorvastatin과 Telmisartan의 약물상호작용
- Other Titles
- Drug-drug Interactions between Atorvastatin and Telmisartan
- 박진현; 노금한; 임미선; 강원구
- Atorvastatin; Telmisartan; Pharmacokinetics; OATP; Rats
- Issue Date
- 한국임상약학회지, v.23, no.4, pp.316 - 321
- Purpose: Atorvastatin, a HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor is widely prescribed in hyperlipidemic patients and telmisartan,an angiotensin receptor blocker is frequently used in the treatment of hypertension. Both drugs are substrates of organicanion transporting polypeptide (OATP) expressed in basolateral membrane in the liver, and undergo high first passmetabolism. Therefore, OATP-mediated hepatic uptake is important for disposition and metabolism of these drugs. Thepresent study was designed to investigate the pharmacokinetic interactions between atorvastatin and telmisartan in rats. Method: Young adult SD rats were divided into three groups (n=6, each) and atorvastatin (10 mg/kg) and telmisartan(4 mg/kg) were orally given alone and together. Heparinized blood was serially taken and plasma concentrations of bothdrugs were measured using HPLC-MS/MS. Pharmacokinetic parameters of two drugs were calculated. Results: No significantpharmacokinetic change was found except a delay of time to peak of telmisartan when administered with atorvastatin. Each drug at the present dosage seemed to be insufficient to alter the pharmacokinetic parameters of itscounterpart drug. Conclusion: Conclusively, co-administration of atorvastatin and telmisartan may lead to negligibleclinical consequences.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)