연골재생 및 연골세포에 대한 혈소판풍부혈장의 기능 연구
- 연골재생 및 연골세포에 대한 혈소판풍부혈장의 기능 연구
- Other Titles
- Effects of Platelet-rich Plasma on Chondrocyte and Cartilage Regeneration
- 김석영; 도선희[도선희]; 안면환; 이혜림[이혜림]
- biocompatibility; cartilage tissue engineering; growth factors; platelet-rich plasma; hydrogel
- Issue Date
- 생체재료학회지, v.16, no.2, pp.86 - 95
- Cartilage is a tissue with unique functional properties that are very dependent on its extracellular matrix (ECM), with collagens and proteoglycans as its main constituents. Cartilage injuries are common, frequently lead to disability, and have a low intrinsic regenerative ability that may result from the avascular nature of cartilage, which prevents access to wound healing process. The clinical effectiveness of therapeutic application has been commonly tested in articular osteochondral defects, and a variety of reparative techniques have been used in an attempt to improve the self-regenerative capabilities of cartilage. Three-dimensional (3D) scaffolds like hydrogel have become a major research focus for cell and drug delivery in tissue engineering. Presently, we investigated the regenerative potency of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) combined with a chondrocyte/hydrogel composite scaffold in the repair of cartilage defects using an animal model. The efficacy of 3D culture on the proliferation and maturation of chondrocytes was assessed. The results provide valuable reference for the clinical application of a hydrogel scaffold for cartilage regeneration, as well as the use of autologous PRP to improve cellular proliferation and maturation of hyaline cartilage repair. However, the meniscal chondrocytes cultured with 10% PRP revealed down regulation of chondrogenic molecules indicating an increase of type I collagen and decrease of type II collagen relation with up-regulation of matrix metalloproteinases 1 and 3as compared to the normal condition. Conclusively, these results suggested PRP could be diverse roles in regenerative medicine and cellular homeostatsis depending to characteristics of cells and tissues.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 신소재공학부 > Articles
의과대학 > 정형외과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)