어머니의 취업상태와 자녀 구강건강상태의 관련성
- 어머니의 취업상태와 자녀 구강건강상태의 관련성
- Other Titles
- The association of employment status of mother and children’s oral health
- 사공준; 이승희
- 맞벌이 가구; 비맞벌이 가구; 비전문직; 자녀 구강건강; children’s oral health; dual income; non-dual income; non-professional
- Issue Date
- 한국치위생학회지, v.12, no.3, pp.543 - 551
- Objectives : School-age children have mixed dentition and are sensitive to dental caries. Their dental condition is more important as it is directly related with oral health in their life, and parents’ attention and education are necessary as the children can not manage their oral health voluntarily.
Methods : To evaluate the effect of parents’ occupational status on the oral health of children, this study conducted a questionnaire survey and analyzed the results along with the results of oral examination with 952 students and their parents of an elementary school located in Ulsan conducting school oral health projects on May, 2009.
Results : As dental caries prevalence rate recorded 33.7%, 56.8% and 66.9% in non-dual income,professional dual income and non-professional dual income families, respectively, the rate of children of dual income families was significantly higher than that of non-dual income ones (p＜0.05).
Conclusions : For professional dual income families, although working mothers contribute to economic stability, they took less time to care or to educate their children compared to no-working mothers so that they need to pay more attention to oral health of children. In addition, more interest to and education for children of non-professional dual income families showing relatively lower socio-economic level and lack of time for children, were also necessary in school projects on oral health education and prevention.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 예방의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)