국창쇄록(菊窓瑣錄)의 일화 선택과이상적 인물 형상
- 국창쇄록(菊窓瑣錄)의 일화 선택과이상적 인물 형상
- Other Titles
- The Selection of Anecdotes and the Recommendation of Ideal Characters in Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄)
- Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄); Whoweon Lee(李厚源); image; ideal king; ideal Sadaebu(士大夫)’; relationship; retainer; filial piety; expostulation; remonstrate; justice; anecdotes; Japrok(雜錄); episode; didactic; frugality; filial piety; uprightness; epitaph; praise; commemoration; personality; 우재. 이후원. 국창쇄록. 이상적 임금. 이상적 사대부. 바람직한 군신 관계. 구현납간. 불휘. 직간. 봉공수정. 초배. 특배. 잡록집. 일화. 위로의 일탈. 묘지명. 묘비명
- Issue Date
- 국어국문학, no.165, pp.319 - 358
- This article analyses Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) edited by Whoweon Lee(李厚源). Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) represents the image of ‘ideal king’, ‘ideal Sadaebu(士大夫)’, and ‘the desirable relationship between kings and Sadaebus. Ideal king is very strict in reflecting himself and generous in taking care of retainer and people. He practices filial piety towards his parents, and strictly disciplines his children. The most important virtue of ideal king is the ability to choose the wise men and to listen to their expostulation.
Ideal Sadaebu holds fast to his principle and ideology. He leads a sincere and austere life. He willingly remonstrates with the king about his foolish conduct and behaviors. Keeping his belief and cause is the most important value, He would not confer with the vulgar people not to taint his principle. Promoting public interests and keeping justice are his priorities.
Prerequisite to the desirable relationship between king and Sadaebu is king’s will and ability to find the talented subjects without being confined to the traditional measures of appointing officials. Once chosen, the subject would have king’s total support. The king would listen to the remonstrance of the retainer, reflecting on himself. In return, the retainer should demonstrate extraordinary ability in administration or scholarship, and remonstrate with the king without any reservation. Whoweon Lee(李厚源) tried to find a solution of the crisis in the relationship between king and retainer of his time by selecting those anecdotes which incorporated ideal relationship between king and his subjects.
Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) tried to give lesson not only to king but also to Sadaebu through the representation of the ideal cases. Rather than following the tradition of Japrok(雜錄), Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) selected the episodes from didactic books.
Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) highlighted frugality, filial piety, expostulation and uprightness as the essential virtues of ideal king and his retainers, while avoiding adapting the negative anecdotes of unworthy kings. By foregrounding the positive parts of the past society, Whoweon Lee(李厚源) wanted to console his contemporary society and to give the model example which people could emulate.
Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) used epitaph as a significant source of anecdotes. Since epitaph aims to announce the owner of the tomb and to explain his life to the posterity, epitaph inclined to take the tone of praise and commemoration. The positive perspective and narrative method of Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) came from those of epitaph.
It can be concluded that Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄) is a kind of epitaph written on papers, enabling many model kings and Sadaebus’s virtuous personalities to shine. Future generations would try to emulate their virtuous personalities and principles, by reading Kukchangsheorok(菊窓瑣錄).
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 국어교육과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)