Transcriptional analysis of the rho-coumarate 3-hydroxylase (C3H) gene from Hibiscus cannabinus L. during developmental stages in various tissues and in response to abiotic stresses
- Transcriptional analysis of the rho-coumarate 3-hydroxylase (C3H) gene from Hibiscus cannabinus L. during developmental stages in various tissues and in response to abiotic stresses
- 방우석; 배한홍; 최보성; 강시용[강시용]; 배현종[배현종]; 임현섭[임현섭]
- DOWN-REGULATION; PHENYLPROPANOID METABOLISM; LIGNIN BIOSYNTHESIS; SIGNAL-TRANSDUCTION; MOLECULAR-CLONING; THEOBROMA-CACAO; LOW-TEMPERATURE; ARABIDOPSIS; EXPRESSION; LEAVES
- Issue Date
- RESEARCH JOURNAL BIOTECHNOLOGY
- RESEARCH JOURNAL OF BIOTECHNOLOGY, v.7, no.3, pp.23 - 33
- Kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.) is a fast growing herbaceous plant and has characteristics useful for biomass production. We cloned a full-length of the gene putatively encoding rho-coumarate 3-hydroxylase in kenaf (HcC3H) and analyzed its expression during developmental stages in various tissues and organs as well as in response to abiotic stresses. C3H is one of the membrane-associated cytochrome P450 enzymes, involved in lignin biosynthesis. The full-length HcC3H consists of a 1,533 bp open reading frame (ORF) encoding 510 amino acids. The deduced amino acids of HcC3H showed 89, 89 and 79% amino acid identity with the C3H of Populus trichocarpa, Populus alba gradidentata and Arabidopsis thaliana respectively with the conserved heme-binding domain (FXXGXRXCXG). According to quantitative real-time reverse transcription PCR (QPCR) analysis, HcC3H was expressed in all kenaf tissues and organs, with the highest expression in stem tissue. The effects of abiotic stresses on HcC3H expression were examined in stems of 3-week-old kenaf. HcC3H expression was induced in response to all treatments applied (wound, SA, NaCl, cold, H2O2, ABA and MeJA). The highest transcript level of HcC3H was detected at late time points (24 or 48 h) after treatments with NaCl, cold, H2O2, ABA and MeJA, while the highest transcript level was detected at an early time point (6 h) after wound and SA treatments. In summary, the C3H ortholog may encode the C3H protein involved in lignin biosynthesis in Hibiscus cannabinus and were expressed in all tissues and organs as well as in response to various treatments.
- Appears in Collections:
- 생활과학대학 > 식품영양학과 > Articles
생명공학부 > 생명공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)