Inhibition of DNA topoisomerases I and II of compounds from Reynoutria japonica
- Inhibition of DNA topoisomerases I and II of compounds from Reynoutria japonica
- 손종근; 황보경; 정명선; 김영진; 임종엽; 이종순; 우미희[우미희]; 장현욱; 장영동
- POLYGONUM-CUSPIDATUM; CANCER-CHEMOTHERAPY; KINASE INHIBITORS; ANTITUMOR DRUGS; EMODIN; RESVERATROL; ROOTS; CELLS; ANTHRAQUINONES; CAMPTOTHECINS
- Issue Date
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH, v.35, no.9, pp.1583 - 1589
- Three anthraquinones (1, 2 and 4), three stilbenes (5, 6 and 7) and 3,5-dihydroxybenzyl alcohol (3) were isolated from Reynoutria japonica. Their structures were identified as emodin (1), emodin-8-O-beta-d-glucoside (2), 3,5-dihydroxybenzyl alcohol (3), citreorosein (4), cis-resveratrol (5), trans-resveratrol (6) and trans-resveratrol-5-O-beta-d-glucopyranoside (7) by comparing their physicochemical and spectral data with published data. Compound 3 was isolated for the first time from the Polygonaceae family. Among the purified compounds, 3 showed more potent inhibitory activity against topoisomerase I (IC50: 4 mu M) than camptothecin, as the positive control (IC50: 18 mu M). Compounds 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 showed stronger inhibitory activities toward DNA topoisomerase II (IC50: 0.54, 14, 15, 0.77 and 3 mu M, respectively) than the positive control, etoposide (IC50: 44 mu M). Compounds 1 and 4 displayed weak cytotoxicities against human lung cancer (A549), ovarian cancer (SK-OV-3), human liver hepatoblastoma (HepG2) and colon adenocarcinoma (HT-29) cell lines.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)