Effects of the REMEEX System in Female Patients with Intrinsic Sphincteric Deficiency and Recurrent Urinary Incontinence: 3-Year Outcomes
- Effects of the REMEEX System in Female Patients with Intrinsic Sphincteric Deficiency and Recurrent Urinary Incontinence: 3-Year Outcomes
- 정희창; 송필현; 현창호; 신에스더
- FREE VAGINAL TAPE; STRESS-INCONTINENCE; SLING PLACEMENT; FOLLOW-UP; TENSION; COMPLICATIONS; SURGERY; WOMEN; TVT
- Issue Date
- LUTS-LOWER URINARY TRACT SYMPTOMS, v.4, no.3, pp.120 - 125
- Objectives: To evaluate the long-term outcomes of the REMEEX system (EXternal MEchanical REgulation, Neomedic International, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain) for the treatment of recurrent urinary incontinence (UI) and intrinsic sphincteric deficiency (ISD). Methods: From August 2006 to September 2007, a total of 30 patients underwent REMEEX system. Patients were categorized into failed UI (Group A, 11 patients) and ISD (Group B, 19 patients). The success rate of patients after surgery was assessed by cure and satisfaction rates postoperatively at follow-up at 1, 12, and 36 months. Clinical, urodynamic, perioperative, and postoperative data of success rates were analyzed. Results: Total cure rates with REMEEX system(Group A/Group B) were 100.0/94.7% at 1 month and 90.9/79.0% at 3 years. Satisfaction rates were 100.0/89.5% at 1 month and 81.8/68.4% at 3 years in groups A and B. Two patients (6.7%) experienced wound infections. Of these, one patient was treated using intravenous antibiotics and the other had their varitensor removed. Other minimal postoperative complications were immediately resolved. Conclusion: The REMEEX system may be an effective procedure regardless of previous incontinence surgical interventions and ISD. The correct sling tension is easily achieved during the early postoperative period, and when necessary, is able to convert late failures into cures. The problems of recurrent UI during the follow-up period were also resolved successfully in every case.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 비뇨기과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)