Landscape Montage Technique as an assessment tool for schizophrenia patients
- Landscape Montage Technique as an assessment tool for schizophrenia patients
- 김갑숙; 기정희; 최외선; 박주령[박주령]
- Issue Date
- PERGAMON-ELSEVIER SCIENCE LTD
- ARTS IN PSYCHOTHERAPY, v.39, no.4, pp.279 - 286
- This paper addresses the application of Landscape Montage Technique (LMT) to art therapy. This study established the interpretation criteria of the LMT as being an effective means of differentiating schizophrenia patients from the general population. Participants comprised 69 healthy adults (29 male, 40 female) and 58 schizophrenia patients (35 male, 23 female). The LMT was conducted from March to September 2009. Data analysis was performed using Cohen's Kappa value and cross tabulation, investigating reliability, agreement between examiners and validity. This study established 29 new interpretation criteria, which consisted of 8 total indices and 21 item indices, with scoring criteria for each index focused on integration, reality testing, and emotional disturbance. This study found that the interpretation criteria of LMT can distinguish between the drawings of schizophrenia patients and those of the healthy adults. Thus, LMT can be an effective tool for assessment of schizophrenia patients. (C) 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 환경보건대학원 > 미술치료학과 > Articles
생활과학대학 > 가족주거학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)