Expression of hMLH1, hMSH2 and hMSH6 in Small Intestinal Carcinomas
- Expression of hMLH1, hMSH2 and hMSH6 in Small Intestinal Carcinomas
- 배영경; 구미진; 김애리; 홍승모[홍승모]; 유은실[유은실]; 김지현[김지현]; 장기택[장기택]; 장희경[장희경]; 정은선[정은선]; 배한익[배한익]; 윤길숙[윤길숙]; 김준미[김준미]; 김정연[김정연]; 김광일[김광일]; 오영하[오영하]; 장규윤[장규윤]; 전선영[전선영]; 엄대운[엄대운]; 권계원[권계원]; 강경훈[강경훈]; 박재복[박재복]; 홍순원[홍순원]; 정수진[정수진]; 이지신[이지신]
- MICROSATELLITE INSTABILITY; MISMATCH REPAIR; SMALL-BOWEL; DUODENAL CARCINOMAS; GENETIC ALTERATIONS; ADENOCARCINOMA; CANCER; METHYLATION; HYPERMETHYLATION; PROMOTER
- Issue Date
- H G E UPDATE MEDICAL PUBLISHING S A
- HEPATO-GASTROENTEROLOGY, v.59, no.119, pp.2228 - 2232
- Background/Aims: Although primary small intestinal carcinoma (SIC) is morphologically similar to colorectal carcinoma and shares many of the genetic changes of carcinogenesis, little is known about the role of defective mismatch repair (MMR) genes involved in the SIC. The aim of this study is to investigate the role of defective MMR genes and correlation between clinicopathological factors and loss of MMR protein in SIC. Methodology: A total of 195 SIC cases were collected from 20 institutions in Korea and tissue microarrays (TMA) were made. The loss of expression of hMLH1, hMSH2 and hMSH6 was examined by immunohistochemistry (IHC). Results: The loss of expression of hMLH1, hMSH2 and hMSH6 was identified in 25/193 (13.0%), 25/193 (13%) and 29/195 (15%), respectively. The loss of hMSH2 expression was associated with retroperitoneal seeding. Patients with loss of hMSH6 expression had a tendency to invade deeply and a higher frequency of pancreas invasion. The loss of hMSH6 expression was associated less frequently with peritumoral adenoma. There was no survival difference by MMR protein expression status. Conclusions: The loss of MMR protein was associated with some distinct clinicopathological features. MMR pathway seems to be major pathway in carcinogenesis of SICs. MMR defect seems to be related with sporadic-microsatellite instability (MSI).
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 병리학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)