두개골 성형술에서 석고와 신속조형모델을 이용한 간단한 Methylmethacrylate 삽입물 제작법
- 두개골 성형술에서 석고와 신속조형모델을 이용한 간단한 Methylmethacrylate 삽입물 제작법
- Other Titles
- Easy Molding Technique of Methylmethacrylate Implant Using Plaster and Rapid Prototyping Model in Cranioplasty
- 김용하; 이준호; 김태곤; 박기린; 하주호
- Methylmethacrylate; Cranioplasty
- Issue Date
- Archives of Craniofacial Surgery, v.13, no.2, pp.125 - 129
- Purpose: Methylmethacrylate is the most commonly used alloplastic material in cranioplasty. However during the polymerization of methylmethacrylate, a significant exothermic reaction takes place. This reaction may result in thermal injury to the brain tissue and other soft tissues. Also it is difficult to make three-dimensional methylmethacrylate implant that is perfectly matched to the defect during the operation time. We report on the molding technique of methylmethacrylate implant using plaster mold and the rapid prototyping model in cranioplasty.
Methods: A 44-year-old male was referred to the department for severe frontal hollowness. He was involved in an automobile accident resulting in large frontal bone defect with irregular margin. The preformed patient-specific methylmethacrylate implant was made using plaster mold and the rapid prototyping model before the operative day. The methylmethacrylate implant was placed in the frontal defect and rigidly fixed with miniplates and screws on the operative day.
Results: The operation was performed in an hour. In the 6 months follow-up period, there were no complications. Patient was satisfied with the results of cranioplasty.
Conclusion: Safe cranioplasty was performed with the preformed patient-specific methylmethacrylate implant using plaster mold and the rapid prototyping model. The result of this method was satisfactory, aesthetically and functionally.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 성형외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)