귓볼 하부 전위피판을 이용한 결손형 선천성 귓볼갈림증의 재건
- 귓볼 하부 전위피판을 이용한 결손형 선천성 귓볼갈림증의 재건
- Other Titles
- A One Stage Reconstruction of Defective Type Cleft Earlobe: Infra-auricular Transposition Flap
- 김태곤; 이준호; 김용하; 정동우; 강대훈
- Cleft earlobe; Reconstruction
- Issue Date
- Archives of Craniofacial Surgery, v.13, no.2, pp.135 - 138
- Purpose: Reconstruction of the cleft earlobe is challenging. Several procedures are available to reconstruct congenital earlobe deformities. However, for large defective type, surgical procedures and designs are complex and tend to leave a visible scar. We present a simple method of reconstruction for defective type congenital cleft earlobe using a one stage technique with infraauricular transposition flap. This allows for easy and accurate size estimation and good aesthetic outcomes.
Methods: A 4-year-old male patient has congenital cleft earlobe and antihelical deformity. Otoplasty for antihelical deformity correction and one stage infra-auricular transposition flap for earlobe reconstruction were performed. The flap was designed from the inferoanterior margin of the earlobe. The size of the flap was determined based on the normal side, and the width and length of the flap was 1 cm and 3 cm in size, respectively. An incision was made at the midline of the defective lobule. Further, the elevated flap was inserted. The elevated flap and the incision margins of the lobule were sutured together. Then, the donor site was closed primarily.
Results: The volume and shape of the reconstructed earlobe were natural. There was no flap necrosis. The donor site had no morbidities and scar was not easily notable.
Conclusion: Infra-auricular transposition flap can be designed easily and offer sufficient volume of earlobe. Furthermore, the scar is inconspicuous. In conclusion, infra-auricular transposition flap can be a good option for reconstructing a large defect type cleft earlobe.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 성형외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)