공황장애 환자의 증상에 영향을 미치는 성격 및 방어기제 인자
- 공황장애 환자의 증상에 영향을 미치는 성격 및 방어기제 인자
- Other Titles
- Factors of Personality and Defense Mechanism Affecting Symptoms in Patients with Panic Disorder
- 구본훈; 최호동; 천은진; 이준엽[이준엽]; 송신호[송신호]; 정성훈[정성훈]
- Panic disorder; Personality; Defense mechanism.
- Issue Date
- 정신분석, v.23, no.2, pp.115 - 123
- Objectives: There are several studies about the prevalence of comorbid personality in the patients with panic disorder, and the comparison of defense mechanisms between patients with panic disorder and those with normal controls. The purpose of this study is to investigate specific factors of personality and defense mechanisms that affect symptoms in panic disorder patients.
Methods: We recruited 38 patients with panic disorder according to the diagnostic criteria of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder, 4th edition. We investigated specific factors of personality and defense mechanisms affecting symptoms in the patients using the Symptom Checklist-90-Revised (SCL-90-R), the Personality Disorder Questionnaire-4+,and the Defense Style Questionnaire. Results: The defense style turned out to be more primitive as the positive symptom distress level of SCL-90R increased. The factors of personality affecting panic disorder were dependence, avoidance, degree of depress and negativistic personality, while the factors of defense mechanism that influence symptoms of panic disorder were maladaptive defense style, acting out and somatization. In contrast, the symptomatic factor of panic disorder that affects maladaptive defense style was interpersonal sensitivity of SCL-90R. Conclusion: The finding suggests that the level of maturity in defense mechanism is negatively correlated with the severity of symptoms in panic disorder. Interpersonal themes, such as dependence and avoidant personality, can worsen the symptoms of panic disorder.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 정신건강의학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)