의과대학과 의학전문대학원생들의 진로적응성에 따른 직업관, 진로선택, 전공미결정요인 비교
- 의과대학과 의학전문대학원생들의 진로적응성에 따른 직업관, 진로선택, 전공미결정요인 비교
- Other Titles
- Work Value, Career Choice, and Specialty Indecision Based on Career Adaptability of Medical College and Graduate School Students
- 이영환; 천경희; 박영순
- Work value; Career choice; Career adaptability; Specialty indecision
- Issue Date
- 연세대학교 의과대학
- 의학교육논단, v.14, no.2, pp.69 - 77
- The purpose of this study was to investigate the differences between medical college students and graduate school students with regard to the factors that shape career choice and specialty indecision. One hundred and thirty-three students from a medical school participated in this study. The students completed a survey, which collected information on career choice, specialty indecision, and career adaptability. Significant differences were found between high and low career adaptability groups in factors that affected specialty choice and indecision.
Students with high career adaptability were significantly more affected by ‘intellectual content of specialty,’ ‘ages and characteristics of patients,’‘patient contact experience during the early years of medical school,’and ‘greater opportunity for research.’Among the specialty indecision factors, students with high career adaptability were affected by ‘several specialties equally appealing to me’ and ‘many interests,’ while students with low career adaptability were affected by being ‘unaware of my abilities,’‘unaware of my interests’ and having ‘learned my choice was not possible for me.’ The factor having the greatest influence on specialty indecision was ‘need more information and support,’ and there were no significant differences in these factors between the two groups. The results suggest that the development of career counseling and education programs need to be designed for medical college students and graduate students in terms of career adaptability and specialty indecision.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의료인문학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 의학교육학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)