Photoluminescence studies of ZnO thin films prepared using a laser-assisted sol-gel method
- Photoluminescence studies of ZnO thin films prepared using a laser-assisted sol-gel method
- 김종수; Min Su Kim[Min Su Kim]; Jewon Lee[Jewon Lee]; Yangsoo Kim[Yangsoo Kim]; Jae-Young Leem[Jae-Young Leem]; 이상헌; 소원섭; 정재학
- ZINC-OXIDE; OPTICAL-PROPERTIES; STRUCTURAL-PROPERTIES; IRRADIATION; GROWTH; NANOCRYSTALS; LUMINESCENCE; TEMPERATURE; LAYERS; SIZE
- Issue Date
- KOREAN PHYSICAL SOC
- JOURNAL OF THE KOREAN PHYSICAL SOCIETY, v.61, no.11, pp.1826 - 1830
- ZnO thin films were grown on Si(100) substrates by using a laser-assisted sol-gel method involving irradiation from a 325-nm He-Cd laser. In contrast to conventionally-synthesized sol-gel ZnO thin films, the surfaces of those grown using the laser-assisted sol-gel method were much smoother. The optical properties of the ZnO thin films were investigated using temperature-dependent photoluminescence (PL). In the room-temperature PL spectra, the intensity of the blue-green emission was dramatically decreased by laser irradiation during the stages of deposition and post-heat treatment. Moreover, the full width at half maximum of the near-band-edge emission peaks was decreased by the laser irradiation. The activation energy of the laser-assisted sol-gel ZnO thin films was determined to be similar to 99 meV, and the values of the fitting parameters alpha and beta for Varshni's empirical equation were 4 x 10(-3) eV/K and 4.9 x 10(3) K, respectively. Another fitting based on the thermal broadening effect of the excitonic emission peak revealed a decreased exciton-phonon interaction in the laser-assisted ZnO thin films.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 물리학과 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)