Low Temperature Synthesis of Hexagonal Shaped alpha-Al2O3 Using a Solvothermal Method
- Low Temperature Synthesis of Hexagonal Shaped alpha-Al2O3 Using a Solvothermal Method
- 강미숙; 김아영; 김현수; 박노국; 이태진; 이원근[이원근]; 김헌덕[김헌덕]; 박준우[박준우]
- ALPHA-ALUMINA; SIZE; SPECTROSCOPY; TRANSITION; MORPHOLOGY; ISOTHERMS; PRECURSOR; POWDERS; PH
- Issue Date
- HINDAWI PUBLISHING CORPORATION
- JOURNAL OF NANOMATERIALS
- This study demonstrates the low temperature synthesis of alpha-Al2O3 by solvothermal method using gibbsite alumina precursor in 1, 4-butanediol solvent according to various pH conditions. In acidic solution, an orthorhombic boehmite (AlOOH) structure was obtained after solvothermal reaction. A significant result in this study was that the solvothermally synthesized alumina in pH = 9 at 300 degrees C for 36 h represented a rhombohedral alpha-Al2O3 structure hexagonal shaped with about 1.5 similar to 2.0 mu m of particle size. Otherwise, the alpha-Al2O3 structure was rather changed to the mixture of a boehmite and alpha-Al2O3 structures above pH = 11. In the case of alpha-Al2O3 synthesized at pH = 9, the specific surface area was 26.18 m(2)/g, and the particles that were stable in acidic solution resulted in 61.80 mV of zeta potential.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)