Characteristics of Cold Hardiness and Growth of Grapevines Grown under Rain Shelter Type Cultivation System in the Vineyard
- Characteristics of Cold Hardiness and Growth of Grapevines Grown under Rain Shelter Type Cultivation System in the Vineyard
- 안순영; 김승희[김승희]; 최성진[최성진]; 윤해근
- GENE-EXPRESSION; VITIS-RIPARIA; FRUIT-QUALITY; LEAVES; TEMPERATURE; DORMANCY
- Issue Date
- KOREAN SOC HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE
- KOREAN JOURNAL OF HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY, v.30, no.6, pp.626 - 634
- There are variations among grapevine genotypes in the levels of tolerance to cold, and cold-hardiness of grapevine has been affected by the change of short-term environment during over-wintering. In this study, the responses of vines to cold in open field and rain-shelter system were investigated to obtain useful information in increasing the tolerance to cold in grape cultivation. Total carbohydrate content of bearing mother branches was higher in the rain-shelter system than in the open field, and lower in the branches of 'Muscat Bailey A' than in 'Campbell Early' and 'Kyoho'. Bud-burst and shoot growth were better in the rain-shelter system than in open field, whereas there is no significant difference among the treatments of net beside vines. There was also low incidence of gray mold in rain shelter system. Stilbene compounds such as t-piceid, resveratrol, piceatannol, c-piceid were accumulated in the cold-treated shoot from vine cuts harvested in rain shelter system. Genes of chalcone isomerase, manganese superoxide dismutase, proline rich protein 2, and temperature induced lipocalin were highly expressed in the cold-treated shoot from vine cuts harvested in rain shelter system. While there was not change of air temperature, but high reduction of wind speed in the rain shelter system compared to open field, and increase in the reduction of wind speed by net treatment. The damage of grapevines by cold in the extreme low temperature could be reduced by keeping them in the rain shelter system with net during winter season.
- Appears in Collections:
- 중앙도서관 > rims journal
자연자원대학 > 원예생명과학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)