문제기반학습(PBL)을 통한 대학생들의 사회문제 교수법
- 문제기반학습(PBL)을 통한 대학생들의 사회문제 교수법
- Other Titles
- Teaching College Students Social Issues through Problem-Based Learning
- 허창덕; 이화경[이화경]
- Problem-Base learning; Social issue; Instructional method; Evaluation; Mock trial; 문제기반학습; 사회문제; 교수방법; 교수평가; 모의재판
- Issue Date
- 영남대학교 인문과학연구소
- 인문연구, no.66, pp.227 - 244
- There is never enough emphasis on the importance of instructional method. Problem-based learning is one effective instructional method that motivates students to participate in the learning experience. This method was used in many educational channels, such as mathematics, chemistry, medicine, etc. However, no previous study has utilized PBL in a college course that teaches social issues.
The participants of the study were college students who enrolled in the course called “Social Problem.” After the students were given a current social problem, they were divided into group of 9 or 10. Unlike the traditional classroom, the students in this class cooperated and collaborated with one another to solve the problem. This study found that using PBL was not only effective in teaching the social issues but also increased students’ research skills, cooperation, and presentation skills. In particular, the students in this study had to demonstrate their understanding of the social issue though role playing in a mock trial. The significance of the study is adopting the mock trial as an assessment tool to evaluate the student’s understanding of the social issue.
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 사회학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)