Impact of Visual Internal Urethrotomy on Sexual Function in Patients with Urethral Stricture
- Impact of Visual Internal Urethrotomy on Sexual Function in Patients with Urethral Stricture
- 문기학; 최지웅; 송필현; 김현태
- ERECTILE FUNCTION; ANTERIOR URETHROPLASTY; DYSFUNCTION; MANAGEMENT; SCALE
- Issue Date
- MARY ANN LIEBERT INC
- JOURNAL OF ENDOUROLOGY, v.27, no.2, pp.214 - 219
- Background and Purpose: Visual internal urethrotomy (VIU) is an option for the management of urethral stricture. However, little is known regarding sexual function after surgery. Patients and Methods: Seventy-six patients who underwent VIU were evaluated by using the Korean version of the Male Sexual Health Questionnaire. Three sexual functional domains of erection (EFD), satisfaction (SAD), and ejaculation (EjFD) were assessed at baseline, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months after surgery. We assessed clinical factors (age, etiology, and maximum flow rate) and radiologic factors (stricture site, stricture length, frequency of recurrence, and duration until first recurrence). We compared with each sexual functional domain score by age group (range: 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70-79 years). Results: A total of 76 men with mean age of 57.1 +/- 13.07 years completed this study. In univariate analysis, there were significant losses of EFD scores at postoperative 3 months for all age groups (P < 0.05). And these scores were regained after postoperative 6 months. There was no statistically significant difference in SAD. Age, length of stricture, frequency of recurrence, and duration until first recurrence were significant differences in EjFD (P < 0.001, P = 0.006, P = 0.005, and P = 0.013, respectively). In 40 to 49 and 50 to 59 age groups, VIU improves EjFD (P < 0.001, respectively). Multiple linear regression analysis revealed that age and stricture length were independent factors of VIU on EjFD (P < 0.001 and P = 0.013, respectively). Conclusions: VIU can improve ejaculatory function in younger age group (40-59 years). Age and stricture length are independent predictive factors of VIU on ejaculatory function.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 비뇨기과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)