어린이의 구강 내 아말감 충전물에 의한 수은노출과 뇨중수은농도: 6개월 추적조사
- 어린이의 구강 내 아말감 충전물에 의한 수은노출과 뇨중수은농도: 6개월 추적조사
- Other Titles
- Mercury exposure from dental amalgam: a 6 month follow-up
- 사공준; 백혜진[백혜진]; 최연희[최연희]; 이영은[이영은]; 이희경; 진명욱[진명욱]; 송근배[송근배]
- Children; Dental amalgam; Mercury; Urine
- Issue Date
- 대한구강보건학회지, v.36, no.4, pp.297 - 302
- Objectives: Dental amalgam is a widely used filling material for oral cavity. The released mercury vapor from amalgam could have systemic adverse effects potentially. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the relationship between dental amalgam and urinary mercury levels in children during a 6-month timespan.
Methods: A total of 525 elementary school children participated in this study. Oral examination was carried out from one dentist. Urine samples collected at baseline and at 6 month were analyzed for mercury and creatinine excretion. Additionally, general characteristics of subjects were surveyed by a questionnaire. The statistical analysis was performed using the SPSS 18.0.
Results: Greater amalgam surfaces were associated to higher urinary mercury levels; this tendency was similar at the 6-month observation after the correct baseline data. In the multivariable model, urinary mercury excretion was only associated with amalgam surfaces positively.
Conclusions: Even a small amount of mercury uptake from dental amalgam has been associated to increase the mercury concentration of urine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 예방의학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 치과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)