유치원 체육 수업에 따른 유아의 신체구성 및 체력 변화
- 유치원 체육 수업에 따른 유아의 신체구성 및 체력 변화
- Other Titles
- A Study on Children’s Physical Fitness and body composition for Kindergarten’s Gym Class
- 박승한; 허용; 조영주[조영주]
- kindergarten gym class; physical fitness
- Issue Date
- 한국체육과학회지, v.21, no.6, pp.1279 - 1292
- A study was conducted to determine the effect of participating in kindergarten's gym class on the body composition, physical fitness of children. The experiment compared children in a currently in-use physical education (PE) program with non-participants. The program consisted of 30 minutes exercise once a week. The experiment ran for 10 months with 54 children, average 6 years of age. The following is a summary of conclusions. First, the PE program did not change the body composition of the children. Second, the program children improved their muscular endurance, quickness, and agility; however, their flexibility decreased and there was no change in their balance. Finally, this study found that for 10 months, the program children developed improved muscular endurance and quickness with 30 minutes of PE, 1 day a week; yet they also had decreased creativity and there was no change in balance, body composition, and select other physical fitness factors. Other studies of childrens' physical activity have emphasized its importance during early childhood. But child care and early education institutions for children (preschool, kindergarten, etc.) do not emphasize physical activity enough. That is, the current standard of 30 minutes once a week is clearly insufficient. Existing research clearly shows the benefits of PE programs on childrens's various developments, but in the present situation insufficient activity may produce negative effects. Ergo, the focus should be on strengthening the frequency, time, and intensity of childrens' PE programs. When the Ministry of Education and Human Resources Development sets standards for childrens' PE programs it should present clear guidelines for the frequency, time, intensity, and methods of exercise.
- Appears in Collections:
- 교육대학원 > 교육대학원 > Articles
생활과학대학 > 체육학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)