발터 벤야민 문학비평의 현대적 의의 - 반영이론에서 생산이론으로
- 발터 벤야민 문학비평의 현대적 의의 - 반영이론에서 생산이론으로
- Other Titles
- Contemporary Significance of Walter Benjamin's Literary Criticism - From Theory of Reflection to Theory of Production
- Walter Benjamin; Walter Benjamin's Literary Criticism; Marxist Literary Theory; Theory of Reflection; Theory of Production; 발터 벤야민; 발터 벤야민의 비평이론; 마르크스주의 문학이론; 반영이론; 생산이론
- Issue Date
- 영미어문학, no.105, pp.153 - 173
- This article analyzes theory of production which plays a key role in Walter Benjamin's literary criticism.
Theory of reflection posits that the social institutions of a given society are a product of that society's values and beliefs, which are encompassed under the term ‘culture.’ Within this theory, society is seen as a manifestation of a culture's values and beliefs, much in the same way Karl Marx viewed society and culture as a reflection of the economy. However, Benjamin endeavored to develop a theory of art that would be "useful for the formulation of revolutionary demands in the politics of art," arguing that, in the absence of any traditional or ritualistic value, art in the age of mechanical reproduction would necessarily be politically based.
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 영어영문학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)