Functional Mediastinal Pheochromocytoma
- Functional Mediastinal Pheochromocytoma
- 이장훈; 이석수; 이정철; 김명수; 최준혁[최준혁]
- Mediastinum; Surgery; Hypertension; Pheochromocytoma
- Issue Date
- The Korean Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, v.46, no.1, pp.88 - 91
- A 36-year-old man visited Yeungnam University Hospital with a sudden onset of palpitation, headache, and was found to be hypertensive. Chest radiography showed a 6 cm sized mass lesion on the posterior mediastinum. A biochemical study showed elevated levels of catecholamines. An I-123 metaiodobenzylguanidine scan revealed a hot uptake lesion on the posterior mediastinum. The patient was prepared for surgery with α and β blocking agents. Two months later, we removed the tumor successfully. A histological study proved that the resected tumor was mediastinal pheochromocytoma. Functional mediastinal pheochromocytomas are rare. Therefore, we reported the case with a literature review.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 흉부외과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)