Subcutaneous phaeohyphomycosis caused by Exophiala equina, with susceptibility to eight antifungal drugs
- Subcutaneous phaeohyphomycosis caused by Exophiala equina, with susceptibility to eight antifungal drugs
- 최종수; Najafzadeh MJ[Najafzadeh MJ]; 서무규[서무규]; 이명훈[이명훈]; 하경임[하경임]; 김정란[김정란]; 김채흥[김채흥]; Meis JF[Meis JF]; De Hoog GS[De Hoog GS]; 이효진
- SPINIFERA CLADE; FUNGI; DIVERSITY; FONSECAEA; SPECTRUM; DISEASE
- Issue Date
- SOC GENERAL MICROBIOLOGY
- JOURNAL OF MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY, v.62, pp.797 - 800
- A case of subcutaneous phaeohyphomycosis caused by Exophiala equine is reported in a 75-year-old female, who showed subcutaneous abscesses on both forearms for 8 months. A lesion was initiated by inoculation with a spine from a tree. Histopathologically, suppurative granulomatous inflammation was present and short hyphal elements were observed. Upon culture greyish-black, velvety colonies of a black yeast were obtained after 3 weeks. The strain grew well at 25 degrees C, but poorly at 37 degrees C. After sequencing the internal transcribed spacer domain and the partial beta-tubulin gene, the fungus was identified as E. equine. The patient was successfully treated with fluconazole for 3 months.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 피부과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 영상의학과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)