한국 대학생 영어학습자들의 토익 응시에 대한 반응연구
- 한국 대학생 영어학습자들의 토익 응시에 대한 반응연구
- Other Titles
- A Study on Korean College Students’ Perception of TOEIC
- 홍광희; 이동명[이동명]; 황규홍[황규홍]
- TOEIC; Korean colleges students; learners’ perception; TOEIC; Korean colleges students; learners’ perception
- Issue Date
- 새한영어영문학, v.55, no.2, pp.233 - 248
- The purpose of this study is to explore how Korean college students perceive TOEIC(Test of English for International Communication). A total of 625 students, attending a university located in the city of Busan, Korea, participated in the study. The data were collected from the students through a survey questionnaire which includes questions about student’s TOEIC experience and thoughts about TOEIC. Factor analysis was used for data analysis in order to look into the students’ perception of TOEIC.
The results show that most of the students(94%) studied 0-2 hours for TOEIC per day. About a half of the students(54%) have taken TOEIC, on average, 3 times and an average score is about 570 (out of 990). The findings from factor analysis indicate that the students’ perception of TOEIC can be understood with seven factors: (1)Improvement of English ability, (2)social demands, (3)a need for studying English other than TOEIC, (4)learning strategy for studying TOEIC, (5)pressure of a good score, (6)social consequences of a good score, (7)studying approaches.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 영어교육과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)