척수손상 흰 쥐의 운동기능 회복에 미치는 손상부위 직접자극을 통한 기능적 자기자극치료 효과
- 척수손상 흰 쥐의 운동기능 회복에 미치는 손상부위 직접자극을 통한 기능적 자기자극치료 효과
- Other Titles
- The Effect of Direct Functional Magnetic Stimulation of the Lesion on Functional Motor Recovery in Spinal Cord Injured Rat
- 조윤우; 김수정; 박해운[박해운]; 서정민; 황세진[황세진]; 장성호; 이동규; 안상호
- Functional magnetic stimulation; Direct stimulation; Spinal cord injury
- Issue Date
- 대한물리치료학회지, v.23, no.1, pp.53 - 58
- Purpose: The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of direct functional magnetic stimulation (FMS) of affected spinal cord on motor recovery following spinal cord injury in rats.
Methods: After a contusion injury at the spinal level T9 using an NYU Impactor, functional magnetic stimulation was delivered by a magnetic stimulator through a round prototype coil (7 cm in diameter). Stimulation parameters were set as follows: repetition rate = 50 Hz (stimulus intensity 100% = 0.18 T), stimulation time = 20 min. Functional magnetic stimulation was administered twice a day, 5 days per week for 8 weeks starting 4 days after spinal cord injury.
Functional magnetic stimulationwas delivered directly to the affected spinal cord. Outcomes of locomotor performance were assessed by the Basso Beattie Bresnahan (BBB) locomotor rating scale and by an inclined plane test weekly for 8 weeks.
Results: In the BBB test, hindlimb motor function in the Functional magnetic stimulation group improved significantly more compared to the control group at 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 weeks (p<0.05). In the inclined plane test, the angle of the plane in the functional magnetic stimulation group increased significantly more compared to the control group at 4, 5,7, and 8 weeks (p<0.05).
Conclusion: Our results demonstrate that direct Functional magnetic stimulation of the lesional site may have beneficial effects on motor improvement after spinal cord injury.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 재활의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)