정상 성인에서 경두개 직류 전류자극과 기능적 전기자극에 의한 대뇌피질의 활성화: 사례연구
- 정상 성인에서 경두개 직류 전류자극과 기능적 전기자극에 의한 대뇌피질의 활성화: 사례연구
- Other Titles
- Cortical Activation by Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation and Functional Electrical Stimulation in Normal Subjects: 2 Case Studies
- 장성호; 권용현[권용현]; 권중원[권중원]; 박상영[박상영]
- Transcranial direct current stimulation; Functional electrical stimulation; Cortical activation; Functional magnetic resonance imaging
- Issue Date
- 대한물리치료학회지, v.23, no.1, pp.77 - 82
- Purpose: Recently, many studies have demonstrated that application of external stimulation can modulate cortical excitability of the human brain. We attempted to observe cortical excitability using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) during the application of transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS) or functional electrical stimulation (FES).
Methods: We recruited two healthy subjects without a history of neurological or psychiatric problems. fMRI scanning was done during? each constant anodal tDCS and FES session, and each session was repeated three times. The tDCS session consisted of three successive phases (resting phase: 60sec dummy cycle: 10sec tDCS phase: 60sec). The FES session involved stimulation of wrist extensor muscles over two successive phase (resting phase: 15sec FES phase:15sec).
Results: The average map of the tDCS and FES analyses showed that the primary sensory‐motor cortex area was activated in all subjects.
Conclusion: Our findings show that cortical activation can be induced by constant anodal tDCS and FES. They suggest that the above stimuli have the potential for facilitating brain plasticity and modulating neural excitability if applied as specific therapeutic interventions for brain injured patients.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 재활의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)