Label-free emission assay of mercuric ions using DNA duplexes of poly(dT)
- Label-free emission assay of mercuric ions using DNA duplexes of poly(dT)
- 오별님[오별님]; 박상지[박상지]; 렌 전[렌 전]; 장윤정; 김석규; 김진흥[김진흥]
- PHOTOINDUCED ELECTRON-TRANSFER; MOLECULAR LIGHT SWITCH; COLORIMETRIC DETECTION; FLUORESCENT CHEMOSENSOR; CONJUGATED POLYMERS; GOLD NANOPARTICLES; AQUEOUS-SOLUTIONS; HG2+ IONS; MERCURY(II); BINDING
- Issue Date
- ROYAL SOC CHEMISTRY
- DALTON TRANSACTIONS, v.40, no.24, pp.6494 - 6499
- In this study, an assay to quantify the presence of mercuric ions and methyl mercury by double-stranded DNA containing a poly(dT) sequence was developed using a light switch compound, Ru(phen)(2)(dppz)(2+) (1), which is known to intercalate into double-stranded DNA. Upon treatment with mercuric ions, the metal-to-ligand charge transfer (MLCT) emission derived from the intercalation of 1 was reduced due to the formation of DNA duplexes containing T-Hg(2+)-T base pairs by the dehybridization of poly(dT)-poly(dA) duplexes at room temperature. As the concentration of Hg(2+) was increased, the emission of 1 gradually decreased. This label-free method had a detection limit of 5 nM. Other metal ions, such as K(+), Ag(+), Ca(2+), Mg(2+), Zn(2+), Mn(2+), Co(2+), Ni(2+), Cu(2+), Cd(2+), Cr(3+), Fe(3+), had no significant effect on reducing emission. This emission method can differentiate matched and mismatched poly(dT) sequences based on the dehybridization rate of dsDNA and the rate decreased in the order of T(10)C center dot A(11) similar to T(10)A center dot A(11) > T(10)G center dot A(11) > T(11)center dot A(11).
- Appears in Collections:
- 문과대학 > 중국언어문화학과 > Articles
이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)