추축 (Pivot Point)를 고려한 효과적인 관골 축소성형술
- 추축 (Pivot Point)를 고려한 효과적인 관골 축소성형술
- Other Titles
- Effective Reduction Malarplasty Considering Pivot Point
- 김용하; 하주호[하주호]; 김태곤; 이준호
- Reduction malarplasty; Pivot point
- Issue Date
- Archives of Plastic Surgery, v.38, no.3, pp.287 - 294
- Purpose: Reduction malarplasty is one of the common aesthetic procedures performed in the Orient. We have analyzed effective operative methods according to the pivot point for the osteotomy and reposition of the zygoma for reduction malarplasty after confirming the shapes of the individual zygomas.
Methods: Thirty-six patients had been received malarplasty over the last 10 years. The average follow-up period was 16 months. We categorized the patients into three groups according to their prominent appearance features.
Group I had a prominently protruded zygomatic body, group II had a prominently protruded zygomatic arch, and group III had a prominently protruded body and zygomatic arch. In the group I, two parallel oblique osteotomies on the body, the middle portion was removed, and with the zygomatic arch as the pivot point, the body was repositioned inwards. In the group II, the zygomatic body and arch osteotomy is performed, with the body as the pivot point, and the arch is depressed medially. In the group III, using the two aforementioned methods, the zygoma was repositioned medially. In each case, postoperative complications and patients satisfaction over the surgery were surveyed.
Results: Each group had 25, 5 and 12 patients respectively. No significant complications were found except for one patient who experienced a non-union of zygomatic bone. In the case of group I, four patients underwent a secondary operation.
Conclusion: Reduction malarplasty is popular as an effective facial contouring surgery. In order to obtain more effective results,however, the zygomatic shape should be identified, and appropriately repositioned by different operative technique according to pivot points.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 성형외과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)