Energy Transfer from Ethidium to Cationic Porphyrins Mediated by DNA and Synthetic Polynucleotides at Low Binding Densities
- Energy Transfer from Ethidium to Cationic Porphyrins Mediated by DNA and Synthetic Polynucleotides at Low Binding Densities
- 정진아[정진아]; 전선희[전선희]; 한성욱[한성욱]; 이길준[이길준]; 배인호; 김석규
- RANGE CHARGE-TRANSFER; ELECTRON-TRANSFER; HOLE TRANSFER; MINOR-GROOVE; TRANSPORT; 4',6-DIAMIDINO-2-PHENYLINDOLE; MESO-TETRAKIS(N-METHYLPYRIDINIUM-4-YL)PORPHYRIN; PARTICLES; STACKING; MODE
- Issue Date
- KOREAN CHEMICAL SOC
- BULLETIN OF THE KOREAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, v.32, no.8, pp.2599 - 2606
- The fluorescence of ethidium bound to DNA, poly[d(A-T)(2)], and poly[d(G-C)(2)] at a [ethidium]/[DNA] ratio of 0.005 was quenched by porphyrins when both ethidium and the porphyrins simultaneously bound to the same polynucleotide. The quenching was tested using the "inner sphere" and the "Forster resonance energy transfer" (FRET) models, with the latter found to contribute, at least in part, to the quenching. Meso-tetrakis(N-methylpyridinium-4-yl)porphyrin (TMPyP) exhibited a higher quenching and FRET efficiency than cis-bis(N-methylpyridinium-4-yl)porphyrin (BMPyP) for all of the tested DNA and polynucleotides, demonstrating that energy transfer efficiency is affected by the number of positive charges of porphyrins.
- Appears in Collections:
- 이과대학 > 물리학과 > Articles
이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)