Interactive Configuration through Force Analysis of GM1 Pentasaccharide-Vibrio cholera Toxin Interaction
- Interactive Configuration through Force Analysis of GM1 Pentasaccharide-Vibrio cholera Toxin Interaction
- 서정현; 김창섭; 이혜연[이혜연]; 카와이토모지[카와이토모지]; 차형준[차형준]
- SURFACE-PLASMON RESONANCE; ESCHERICHIA-COLI; B-SUBUNIT; HELICOBACTER-PYLORI; RECOGNITION EVENTS; CRYSTAL-STRUCTURE; SIALIC-ACID; MICROSCOPY; BINDING; RECEPTOR
- Issue Date
- AMER CHEMICAL SOC
- ANALYTICAL CHEMISTRY, v.83, no.15, pp.6011 - 6017
- Understanding of the molecular relationships in carbohydrate-protein interactions provides useful information on biological processes in living organisms and is also helpful for development of potent biomedical agents. Herein, the interaction unbinding force between GM1 pentasaccharide and Vibrio cholera toxin (ctx) proteins was measured using atomic force microscopy (AFM), which enabled us to determine the interaction of ctx holotoxin (ctxAB) with GM1 and the interactive formation. First, the interaction force measured between A and B subunits (ctxA-ctxB) was 184.2 +/- 4.5 pN, and the unbinding forces were evaluated to confirm the role of ctxA in ctxAB complex formation and were determined to be 443.7 +/- 7.5 and 535.7 +/- 25.9 pN for GM1-ctxB and GM1-ctxAB complexes, respectively. The force difference of similar to 90 pN between GM1-ctxB and GM1-ctxAB might be due to the formation of the cholera toxin complex. Importantly, from the analogue analyses, we understand how structural and binding positional differences in complex carbohydrates affect the interaction with protein and surmise that the GM1-ctxAB complex makes a "two-finger grip" formation through the conformational change of a flexible carbohydrate. In conclusion, using AFM force analysis, we successfully quantified and characterized the interactive configuration of carbohydrate-protein molecules.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 화학공학부 > Articles
이과대학 > 화학생화학부 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)