Zonisamide 혹은 Topiramate를 사용한 뇌전증 환자에서 항뇌전증제 투약 전후 삶의 질 비교
- Zonisamide 혹은 Topiramate를 사용한 뇌전증 환자에서 항뇌전증제 투약 전후 삶의 질 비교
- Other Titles
- Comparison of Quality of Life in Patients with Epilepsy Taking Zonisamide or Topiramate: Before and After Treatment
- 홍형기[홍형기]; 김지언[김지언]; 이장준[이장준]; 이세진; 박성파[박성파]; 이상도[이상도]
- Quality of life; Epilepsy; QOLIE-31; Antiepileptic drug; Quality of life; Epilepsy; QOLIE-31; Antiepileptic drug
- Issue Date
- 대한신경과학회지, v.29, no.3, pp.172 - 176
- Background: Patients with epilepsy experience impairments in their quality of life (QOL). The objective of this study was to determine the influences of clinical factors on QOL and to compare QOL before and after antiepileptic drug (AED) treatment.
Methods: A cohort of 79 patients with epilepsy (43 male and 36 female) was recruited for this prospective study. The Quality of Life in Epilepsy (QOLIE)-31 survey was applied to evaluate QOL. The QOLIE-31 questionnaire was completed by the subjects before and 24 weeks after AED monotherapy (zonisamide or topiramate). The relationships of demographic, social, and clinical factors with QOL were evaluated.
Results: There was a negative correlation between seizure frequency and QOL in patients with epilepsy (p<0.05). The scores of patients without adverse effect were significantly higher for the seizure worry item of the QOLIE-31 questionnaire at 24 weeks compared to baseline (p<0.05). No other significant differences were found for any of the other QOLIE-31 items.
Conclusions: Age, sex, seizure frequency, AED treatment, and AED adverse effects were significant clinical factors affecting QOL in patients with epilepsy. It is suggested that the physician should recognize these factors and manage them appropriately to improve the QOL of patients with epilepsy.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 신경과학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)