Protective Constituents against Sepsis in Mice from the Root Barks of Ulmus davidiana var. japonica
- Protective Constituents against Sepsis in Mice from the Root Barks of Ulmus davidiana var. japonica
- 손종근; 정명선; 이호[이호]; 이응; 서창섭; 이연경; 정전섭[정전섭]; 송동근[송동근]; 배홍범[배홍범]; 곽상현[곽상현]; 장현욱; 김재룡
- TUMOR-NECROSIS-FACTOR; PLANCH ULMACEAE; NITRIC-OXIDE; INNER BARK; GLYCOSIDES; INHIBITION; SHOCK; CELLS; ACTIVATION; FRACTION
- Issue Date
- PHARMACEUTICAL SOC KOREA
- ARCHIVES OF PHARMACAL RESEARCH, v.34, no.9, pp.1443 - 1450
- In the course of isolating preventive agents against sepsis based on the in vivo assay model, eleven known compounds, (-)-catechin (1), catechin-7-O-beta-apiofuranoside (2), catechin-7-O-alpha-L-rhamnopyranoside (3), catechin-3-O-alpha-L-rhamnopyranoside (4), catechin-7-O-beta-D-glucopyranoside (5), butyl (+)-5'-methoxyisolariciresinol-9'-O-beta-D-xylopyranoside (6), lyoniside (7), nudipo-side (8), alpha-nigerose (9), butyl alpha-D-fructofuranoside (10), and procyanidin B(3) (11) were isolated from the root barks of Ulmus davidiana var. japonica. Compounds 2, 6, and 8 significantly protected against sepsis in a mouse model with survival rates of mice exposed to 10 mg/kg of LPS/D-GalN ranged from 80%-100%. Among them, 8 exhibited the most potent protective effect and decreased the plasma levels of TNF-alpha, IL-10 and ALT activity.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학부 > Articles
의과대학 > 생화학.분자생물학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)