어린이에서 치과용 아말감과 요중 수은 축적 농도의 관련성
- 어린이에서 치과용 아말감과 요중 수은 축적 농도의 관련성
- Other Titles
- Relationship between dental amalgam fillings and urinary mercury concentration among children
- 사공준; 진혜정[진혜정]; 최연희[최연희]; 안서영[안서영]; 이영은[이영은]; 송근배[송근배]
- 아말감; 어린이; 요중 수은 농도; amalgam; children; urinary mercury
- Issue Date
- 대한구강보건학회지, v.35, no.3, pp.258 - 265
- Objectives.Dental amalgam consists of approximately 50% mercury, which is a toxic element. Since children are more at risk for mercury toxicity, we aimed to assess the association between dental amalgam filling and urinary mercury concentration in children.
Methods.Four hundred eighty four elementary school children in grades 1∼4 were conveniently recruited from two schools located in Daegu city, Korea. Oral examination were conducted to obtain dental caries experience states using the full term for DFS index, number of amalgam filling surfaces and the type of filling materials. A questionnaire was used to collect information about general characteristics and the frequencies of tooth brushing, gum chewing and fish/seafood consumption. The statistical analysis was done using the SPSS 18.0 program.
Results.The mean urinary mercury concentration in children having eight amalgam surfaces was highest at the level 4.26μg/L. The level of urinary mercury in children with 6∼10 amalgam fillings and more than 11 amalgam surfaces was significantly higher than in those having no amalgam after adjusting for other covariates.
Conclusions.Children exposed to more dental amalgam may be prone to an increased urinary mercury level.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 예방의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)