Biological Characterization of Nodal versus Extranodal Presentation of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma using Immunohistochemistry
- Biological Characterization of Nodal versus Extranodal Presentation of Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma using Immunohistochemistry
- 이경희; 배성화[배성화]; 배영경; 금윤섭[금윤섭]; 여헌모[여헌모]; 조희순; 고성애[고성애]; 이하영[이하영]; 윤소연[윤소연]; 최준혁[최준혁]; 현명수; 김민경
- NON-HODGKINS-LYMPHOMAS; GERMINAL CENTER PHENOTYPE; MYC REARRANGEMENTS; NHL REGISTRY; BIOMARKERS; RITUXIMAB; SUBTYPES; CHEMOTHERAPY; EXPRESSION; SURVIVAL
- Issue Date
- CIG MEDIA GROUP, LP
- CLINICAL LYMPHOMA MYELOMA & LEUKEMIA, v.11, no.5, pp.403 - 408
- We evaluated the relationship between DLBCL clinicopathological features, including expression of B-cell differentiation markers, and primary site. We did not find any differences in the frequencies of GCB and non-GCB subtypes among primary sites and there were no differences in the frequencies of GCB and non-GCB subtypes between patients with primary nodal and primary extranodal DLBCL. Introduction: Diffuse large B cell lymphoma (DLBCL) of primary nodal (PN) or primary extranodal (PEN) origin may differ immunophenotypically, in that PEN lymphoma cells may originate from activated rather than germinal center B (GCB) cells. We evaluated the relationship between DLBCL clinicopathological features, including expression of B-cell differentiation markers, and primary tumor site. Patients and Methods: Expression of CD10, Bcl-6, Bcl-2, and MUM1 was determined in paraffin-embedded tissues from 123 patients with DLBCL. Results: Of the 123 patients with DLBCL, 40 (32.5%) had the GCB and 83 (67.5%) had the non-GCB phenotype. Fifty-one patients (42%) showed disease involvement at PEN sites, including 29 with disease in the gastrointestinal (GI) tract (14 in the stomach, 15 in the intestine). Of these 51 patients, 16 (31.4%) were classified with the GCB and 35 (68.5%) with the non-GCB subtype. There were no differences in the frequencies of GCB and non-GCB subtypes among primary sites. Of the 72 patients with PN DLBCL, 22 (31%) had the GCB and 50 (69%) had the non-GCB subtype. There were no differences in the frequencies of GCB and non-GCB subtypes between patients with PN and PEN DLBCL. Although lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) concentration > normal, stage >II, and rituximab-cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisone (RCHOP) treatment were independent predictors of overall survival (OS), GCB subtype, and presence of PEN disease failed to predict survival upon multivariate analysis. Conclusion: There was no difference in GCB and non-GCB phenotypes between patients with PN and PEN DLBCLs. Additional studies are needed to further assess molecular differences between the two groups.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 내과학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 병리학교실 > Articles
의과대학 > 진단검사의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)