전조등의 시각적 특성을 이용한 야간 사각 지대 차량 검출 기법
- 전조등의 시각적 특성을 이용한 야간 사각 지대 차량 검출 기법
- Other Titles
- Night-Time Blind Spot Vehicle Detection Using Visual Property of Head-Lamp
- 정호열; 박주현; 정정은[정정은]; 김현구[김현구]
- Vehicle detection; Blind spot detection; Night time; Image processing; Vehicle detection; Blind spot detection; Night time; Image processing
- Issue Date
- 대한임베디드공학회논문지, v.6, no.5, pp.311 - 317
- The blind spot is an area where drivers visibility does not reach. When drivers change a lane to adjacent lane, they need to give an attention because of the blind spot. If drivers try to change lane without notice of vehicle approaching in the blind spot, it causes a reason to have a car accident. This paper proposes a night-time blind spot vehicle detection using cameras. At nighttime, head-lights are used as characteristics to detect vehicles. Candidates of headlight are selected by high luminance feature and then shape filter and kalman filter are employed to remove other noisy blobs having similar luminance to head-lights. In addition, vehicle position is estimated from detected head-light, using virtual center line represented by approximated the first order linear equation. Experiments show that proposed method has relatively high detection porformance in clear weather independent to the road types, but has not sufficient performance in rainy weather because of various ground reflectors.
- Appears in Collections:
- 공과대학 > 모바일정보통신공학과 > Articles
공과대학 > 전기공학과 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)