만성 요통 및 하지방사통 환자에서 감압치료(KNX 7000®)와 견인치료의 단기 치료 효과
- 만성 요통 및 하지방사통 환자에서 감압치료(KNX 7000®)와 견인치료의 단기 치료 효과
- Other Titles
- The Short Term Effects of the Decompression (KNX 7000®) and Traction Device on Pain in Patients with Chronic Low Back Pain with or without Radicular Pain
- 안상호; 박소현; 김철승; 이동규
- Low‐back pain; Decompression; Traction; Clinical trial
- Issue Date
- 대한물리치료학회지, v.23, no.5, pp.29 - 34
- Purpose: The purpose of this study is to evaluate the short term effects of the traction and decompression device,which is a newly developed domestic medical device, on pain and functional activity in patients with chronic low back pain with or without radicular pain.
Methods: Forty patients with chronic low back pain were included and allocated to decompression (n=20) and traction groups (n=20). They received decompression or traction therapy for 20 minutes a day, 3 days per week for two weeks.
For evaluating pain and functional activity, a visual analogue scale (VAS) for low back pain and the Oswestry back pain disability index (ODI) were obtained on pre‐treatment, and at 6, 12 and 15 days after treatment. Patients’satisfaction levels were measured 15 days after treatment.
Results: VAS was significantly decreased at 12 days and 15 days post‐treatment compared to pre‐treatment in both groups (p<0.05). ODI was significantly decreased at 12 days and 15 days post‐treatment compared to pre‐treatment in the decompression group (p<0.05). However, there was no significant difference between the two groups in the VAS and ODI scales (p>0.05). Patients’ satisfaction levels were significantly higher in the decompression group than in the traction group (p<0.05)Conclusion: These findings suggest that decompression therapy might be effective for increasing functional activity in patients with low back pain and could provide patients with higher satisfaction than traction therapy. This study provided validity data for the therapeutic effects of the decompression device in patients with low back pain and it will be useful for medical cost development and patient education of this device.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 재활의학교실 > Articles
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)